Compressor Inlet Casing operating in a Nuclear Plant
- Compressor manufactured in 1964 by HSM (Denmark)
- During operation a defect in the inlet casing Pressure Boundary developed.
- Temporarily patched by the client to resume operation.
- Our scope: Reverse engineer the casing and manufacture an identical replacement part to be installed during the next outage.
- Compressor casing was contaminated with nuclear products.
- Non Contact Laser scanning technology allowed for the capturing of surface geometry data without direct contact to the components